A common interactive control for users to make a single selection.
Radios are used in forms when users must make a single selection among multiple choices.
- Consider copy that accompanies checkboxes “body copy”
- Generally, make actionable
- Follow normal casing, grammar, and punctuation practices (e.g. use a period for full sentences)
- Adhere to parallel syntax when authoring multiple checkboxes on a single page / screen
- Partially checked for Radio with sub (child) options
- User clicks label to check radio button
- Receives keyboard focus when tabbed or arrowed to
- Check/uncheck by pressing Spacebar or automatically checked when arrow keys are utilized to navigate radio
Screen reader expectations
- Radio label is announced Ex. “Yes, radio button,…”
- Current state is announced Ex. “…checked 2 of 2.”